At Aiken Center, we pride ourselves on our work within the local community to promote hopeful, healthy living and freedom from substance misuse through prevention, treatment, and recovery support. Our agency is currently in search of a Licensed Clinical Counselor and Prevention and Public Education Coordinator to aid in our endeavors in changing the stigmas surrounding substance use disorders and providing treatment to a variety of local populations.
Our agency is committed to our staff, with growth opportunities and a focus on work-life balance. With 37.35 hour weeks, 14 paid holidays throughout the year and a generous leave package, we encourage personal and professional development. In addition, other benefits include
- SC State Health Insurance
- Participation in the SC Retirement System
- Dental Insurance
- EAP Program to promote healthy emotional balance
- Financial support toward required CEU’s and professional development endeavors
If interested in a position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Licensed Clinical Counselor
Licensed Clinical Counselors work with patients in an outpatient treatment setting to provide assessment and treatment plan development, individual and group counseling services, case and crisis management, as well as discharge planning. Our approach is successful due to our staff’s commitment to patient-centered, trauma-informed care strategies demonstrated through compassion and a pledge to excellent standards of care.
Interested applicants should possess the following qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in counseling or related field. Strong preference for LPC, LMSW, LISW, LMFT licensure
- Certified as a Clinical Addictions Counselor through the SC Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors, or able to complete the certification process within the required timeframe.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, time management skills, trauma-informed care knowledge, ability to multi-task and be flexible, ability to work with diverse groups of individuals and be highly motivated to deliver excellent results
- Knowledge of substance use disorders detailed in the DSM-V
- Knowledge of ASAM (American Society of Addiction Medicine) criteria
Prevention and Public Education Coordinator
The Prevention and Public Education Coordinator guides the continuous development and implementation of community substance use/misuse prevention plans and strategies. Working alongside agency management and local stakeholders, this role would serve as the administrative coordinator and project manager for the Prevention Team. Additional position responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and conduct prevention activities (youth and adult events, key leader orientations, public awareness campaigns) and ensure the implementation of evidence-based prevention programs as described in strategic plan and annual comprehensive action plan.
- Develop and implement annual strategic plans for prevention programs
- Serve as the team’s primary grant writer and deliverables reporter
- Manage social media advocacy in prevention and stigma reduction areas
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree plus three years of experience in prevention, education, public health or related health and human services work; or a Master’s Degree plus one year of related experience. Must maintain a valid driver’s license and obtain certification as a Prevention Specialist within 18 months of employment.
Required Performance Aptitudes
- AOD prevention and prevention science
- Social Media management and advocacy
- Strong administrative/data entry/grant reporting skills
- Grant writing and implementation
- Creative community development and outreach
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with community partners
- Build bridges among diverse community members and organizations
- Organization and time management
- Motivate others and stimulate team and group processes
- Facilitate meetings and groups, deliver presentations and trainings
- Demonstrate individual initiative as well as ability to work in teams
- Demonstrate proficiency in Windows Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, and Outlook).